By Yang Shangfeng Et Al,Shangfeng Yang,Chun-Ru Wang
Endohedral fullerenes characterize a singular family members of carbon nanostructures, that are characterised through a strong fullerene cage with atoms, ions, or clusters trapped in its inside. because the first separation of the endohedral metallofullerene La@C82 in 1991, a wide number of endohedral buildings were remoted and their endohedral nature has been proved via experimental reports. in the earlier 20 years, the realm of endohedral fullerenes used to be considerably enlarged by way of the clusterfullerenes and the hot carbon cages together with non-IPR (IPR=isolated pentagon rule) buildings. due to the cost move from the encaged species to the fullerene cage, endohedral fullerenes carry loads of attention-grabbing houses inaccessible by means of the empty fullerenes, and for this reason promise capability functions in biomedicine, molecular electronics and photonics etc.
The ebook offers a finished assessment of endohedral fullerenes fascinated with the hot advances long ago decade, together with its basics (structures), synthesis, isolation, characterization, houses, functionalization in addition to the functions, hence representing the main up-to-date and huge assessment of this interesting field.
- The Early Days of Metallofullerene study (Hisanori Shinohara)
- Synthesis and Isolation of Endohedral Fullerenes — A normal assessment (Fupin Liu, Jian Guan, Tao Wei, music Wang and Shangfeng Yang)
- Crystallographic examine of Endohedral Metallofullerenes (Yun-Peng Xie, Shasha Zhao and Xing Lu)
- Metal Nitride Clusterfullerenes — New Advances and demanding situations (Tao Wei, tune Wang, Fupin Liu, Jian Guan, Alexey A Popov, Lothar Dunsch and Shangfeng Yang)
- Metal Carbide Clusterfullerenes (Taishan Wang and Chunru Wang)
- The Discovery of Non-IPR Fullerenes (Wei Xu, Chunying Shu and Chunru Wang)
- Metal Oxide Clusterfullerenes (Steven Stevenson)
- Nitrogen Atom-Based Endohedral Fullerenes and power purposes (B J Farrington and okay Porfyrakis)
- Noble-Gas Fullerenes (R James go, Jr)
- Electrochemical houses of Endohedral Metallofullerenes (Luis Echegoyen, Frederic Melin and Manuel N Chaur)
- Chemical Functionalization of Endohedral Metallofullerenes (Yutaka Maeda)
- Computational stories of Endohedral Fullerenes: Bonding, Isomerism, inner Dynamics, Spectroscopy, and Chemical Reactivity (Alexey A Popov)
- Biomedical purposes of Trimetallic Nitride Endohedral Metallofullerenes (Jianyuan Zhang, Boris M Kiselev, Youqing Ye and Harry C Dorn)
- Higher LUMO point Endohedral Fullerene and Fullerene Bisadduct Acceptors for Polymer sun Cells (Yongfang Li)
Readership: complicated undergraduates and graduate scholars, scientists in Chemistry, Physics, and fabrics technological know-how, researchers and pros within the fields of fullerenes and all-carbon nanomaterials, and most of the people.